DIAL 2-1-1 FOR INFO 24/7
HURRICANE MICHAEL RECOVERY
Updated: 10/17/2018, 2:30 PM
The following Florida counties have been approved for Individual Assistance for Hurricane Michael: Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Leon, Liberty, Taylor, Wakulla and Washington.
FEMA - Individual Disaster Assistance Application: https://www.disasterassistance.gov/ or 800-621-3362. The deadline for applying is December 10, 2018
Applicants should have the following information available:
* Social Security Number;
* Daytime telephone number;
* Current mailing address and address and zip code of the damaged property; and
* Insurance information
FEMA - Hurricane Michael Main Portal: https://www.fema.gov/hurricane-michael
FEMA - Fraud Prevention:
* Federal and state workers never ask for, or accept money, and always carry identification badges.
* There is NO FEE required to apply for or to get disaster assistance from FEMA, the U.S. Small Business Administration or the state
* Scam attempts can be made over the phone, by mail or email, text or in person
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF CHILDREN AND FAMILIES:
* Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) households in Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Leon, Liberty, Wakulla, and Washington counties will receive replacement benefits at a 40 percent rate by close of business Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
* Additionally, current SNAP customers are permitted to purchase hot foods with their Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cards at participating retailers through October 31.DCF also released SNAP benefits early for those current customers scheduled to receive their benefits in October who lived in one of the original 35 affected counties.
* Florida has lifted its staggered issuance schedule and issued October benefits early for the following counties: Alachua, Baker, Bay, Bradford, Calhoun, Citrus, Columbia, Dixie, Escambia, Franklin, Gadsden, Gilchrist, Gulf, Hamilton, Hernando, Hillsborough, Holmes, Jackson, Jefferson, Lafayette, Leon, Levy, Liberty, Madison, Manatee, Okaloosa, Pasco, Pinellas, Santa Rosa, Suwannee, Taylor, Union, Wakulla, Walton, and Washington
These counties were declared for individual assistance: Bay, Calhoun, Franklin, Gadsden, Gulf, Jackson, Liberty, Taylor, & Wakulla.
The Florida Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD): Through November 2, 2018 several relief agencies are staffing a free hotline for debris removal & home cleanup after Hurricane Michael: (800) 451-1954
American Red Cross Safe and Well: Report to loved ones that you are safe, https://safeandwell.communityos.org/cms/index.php
Tallahassee Area Businesses - Open Status: http://oevforbusiness.org/BusinessStatus/
* Franklin County Jail - Currently serving food
* Eastpoint (Magnolia Ridge, Ridge Crest, Lily Circle) - Water available
Curfew: Gadsden County is under a mandatory curfew from 7 pm until 7 am until further notice. Be prepared to be stopped by law enforcement if curfew is violated.
Hotel Vouchers: Limited hotel vouchers are available for Gadsden County adults and unaccompanied youth. Please dial 211 for more information.
Transportation: The Quincy Shuttle, Gadsden Express and Gadsden Connector will provide free shuttles until October 31.
Host Shelter: Gadsden East High School, 27001 Blue Star Highway, Havana FL
Salvation Army Food: 11 am - 2 pm and 5 pm - 7 pm daily:
* 100 S, Main St Chatahoochee, FL
* 470 Strong Rd., Quincy, FL
* Havana Elementary School, 705 US 27 South, Havana
* 14833 Main St., Gretna, FL
Water, MREs, and tarp distribution sites are open 8 am to 6 pm daily, depending on resources:
* Johnny Johnson Pavilion-POD, FL State Hospital , Chattahoochee,FL
* Eugene Lamb Park-POD, 420 Palmer Road, Midway FL
* Gadsden County Jail-Fixed POD, 2135 Pat Thomas Pkwy, Quincy FL
* Helen Franks Community Center, 14833 Main Street, Gretna
* Old Havana Elementary School-POD, 705 Florida-Georgia Havana, FL
* Greensboro Elementary-POD, 559 Greensboro Hwy, Greensboro, FL
* Salvation Army: 339 E. Jefferson St., Quincy
No ID is needed.
Water Distribution points have been set up in the following locations:
* Lamont at River Road and South Salt Road behind Old Reams Store
* Lloyd VFD across from Main Street
* Aucilla Christian School, front of school on Aucilla/Drifton Hwy
* Walkers Store at intersection of Waukeenah Hwy and US 27 In front of store
* Hotel Vouchers: Limited hotel vouchers are available for Liberty County adults and unaccompanied youth. Please dial 211 for more information.
* Liberty County EOC located on Spring Street in Bristol - Distributing food, water, blankets and hygiene items
* Hosford Fire Department - Water and food available
* Water/food distribution: Wakulla County Recreation Park (79 Recreation Drive in Medart) - A point of distribution for disaster relief that will include food and water.
* Host Shelter: One Stop Community, 318 Shadeville Rd., Crawfordville, FL32327